Lab Manager 1-DE
The incumbent provides administrative, supervisory and scientific support to the Laboratory Manager II in the operations and management of the Division of Forensic Science (DFS) Forensic Chemistry Unit (FCU). The Laboratory Manager I may assign, oversee and review analytical chemistry work conducted by Forensic Chemists. This work applies to both controlled substance and fire debris evidence. The Lab Manager I ensures that all work is completed according to accreditation standards and applicable laws.
OB REQUIREMENTS for Laboratory Manager I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Masters degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Forensic Science or related field.
- Three years experience in performing analysis in a forensic science laboratory.
- Three years experience in using laboratory equipment and instrumentation including calibration and maintenance.
- Three years experience in conducting data review to ensure numerical input, calculations, formulas and interpretation of output is accurate, instruments were operating according to specifications, analytical procedures were followed and documentation is complete.
- Three years experience in selecting and modifying laboratory test methods and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of laboratory management which includes overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of laboratory services; planning short and long range goals and objectives; developing and implementing policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with laboratory regulations, standards, policies and procedures. Provides advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
For more information, see https://www.jobapscloud.com/DE/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=062220&R2=MGBB05&R3=450100