Criminalist I/II – Forensic Biology/DNA
he County of San Mateo’s Sheriff’s Office Forensic Laboratory, which is accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board in both Testing and Calibration, is seeking to fill a Criminalist I/II position within its Forensic Biology and DNA Section.
Education and Experience:
Criminalist I ($40.54-$50.66/hr): Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in criminalistics, chemistry or a related physical science.
Criminalist II ($50.49-$63.11/hr): Three years of experience in the practice of criminalistics, which has included experience in collecting, analyzing and evaluating physiological fluids, controlled substances and other physical evidence gathered from crime scenes.
- Current forensic methods and techniques used in the analysis and evaluation of physical evidence likely to be used in a court case.
- Principles of organic and inorganic chemistry, biochemistry and physiology.
- Common types of controlled substances, as defined by the Uniform Controlled Substances Act of the Health and Safety Code.
- Various types of equipment found in a forensic laboratory.
- Courtroom procedures and testimony.
- Recent developments, literature and sources of information relative to criminalistics and toxicology.
- Principles of photography.
TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT TIMELINE:
Final Filing Date: January 30, 2020
Applicant Screening: Week of February 3, 2020
Panel Interviews: February 24 and/or February 25, 2020
For more information, see http:// https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/2685636/criminalist-i-ii-forensic-biology-dna-open-and-promotional?keywords=criminalist&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs