Police Forensic Scientist III (DNA)- Arizona
On-line applications for this position will be available through the City of Scottsdale’s Job Opportunities website from Saturday, 11/23/19 through Friday, 12/20/19.
Performs highly specialized professional forensic science evaluations in connection with the identification and comparison of physical evidence submitted to the Crime Laboratory for forensic analysis. This position will be assigned to the Forensic Biology Unit where the primary duties will be processing biological evidence for body fluid identification and DNA analysis, generating scientific reports, and providing expert testimony in court proceedings.
Click here to review the entire job description.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a physical or natural science from an accredited educational institution, with a minimum of 20 semester hours of chemistry related coursework.
• Must have eight years of experience as a forensics examiner in a crime laboratory.
• Must have a working expertise in one forensic discipline.
• An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
• Must have completed successfully at least nine semester or equivalent credit hours in college course work or classes covering the subject areas of: biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology.
• College course work or training in statistics and/or population genetics.