Students: VCU Business Fall 2023 Accounting “Meet the Firms”
When: Tuesday, September 12 @ 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Host: Business Career Services
Event contact: Julia Wingfield, associate director, Business Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Audience: Undergraduate students
Location: Snead Hall – 301 West Main Street, Richmond, VA 23284
Attend Meet the Firms (MTF) to connect with companies recruiting for accounting internships and full-time jobs. The majority of the opportunities will be for Summer 2024 – yes, this process starts early!
To prepare, be sure to:
- Update your resume: Using the VCU School of Business accounting template
- Research the companies attending and those you want to speak with at the event by reading their websites, Handshake company profiles, etc.
- Prepare your elevator pitch: “Job Searching Essentials: Nailing Your Elevator Pitch“
- Be sure to be able to talk about whether you plan to earn 150 credits to sit for the CPA: “CPA or No CPA?“
- Make an appointment with a career coach in Business Career Services (Snead B1102): Schedule an appointment through Handshake
Please bring your VCU ID to check-in. Remember to get your nametag before speaking to employers.