Anna Umbright: Career Consultant

Anna Umbright

I am thrilled to be introducing you to Anna Umbright, Senior Assistant Director: Arts, Design, & Entrepreneurship, at VCU Career Services.  This is a long title to say, in a nutshell, that if you need advice, support and help with anything career-related, she’s a great contact.  Nervous about networking?  No problem.  Not sure how to flip your skills and talents into a job?  No sweat.  Her bio is below, please reach out to her, she’s a fantastic resource.

As an experienced career counselor, I’m happy to help you explore, discover, or design your next step…even if you have no idea what it might be! I’ve advised thousands of students on how to pursue careers in creative fields including the arts, design, museums, publishing and entertainment. 
I see myself as a creative helping other creatives find their paths. My own interests include writing, film, dance, museums, and fashion design. A few of my creative highlights include being a Volunteer Captain for seven years with the Independent Film Festival of Boston, assisting a curator at the Museum of Fine Arts-Boston with several exhibitions; and working as a dresser for fashion shows in Boston and New York. 
As for my credentials and background, I am a board-certified counselor with a Master’s degree in Counseling and a bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism from Shippensburg University. I have over a decade of experience at university career centers including: Emerson College, William & Mary, and James Madison University.
Come meet with me! I see students and recent alumni one-on-one Monday – Friday at varying times. You can find my current availability on Handshake. You can also follow me on Twitter.